Baldwin County is one of only a few counties in the State of Alabama that offers this service. It is a convenient way to renew your vehicle tag or boat registration at your home or business.
We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Debit Cards or an electronic check from your checking account. There is a Tax Handling Fee for using this service. The Tax Handling Fee for a single tag renewal is $3.50 or 3% of your total, whichever is greater. The Tax Handling Fee for multiple tag renewals is $5.00 or 3% of your total, whichever is greater. The Tax Handling Fee is not paid to Baldwin County but to IMS Enterprises, Inc. an Alabama company.
The county also charges a $1.00 mailing fee for each decal and $2.00 mailing fee for each metal tag.
RenewYourTag.com is available on iOS (Apple) and Android smartphones. Simply go to http://ryt.mobi to set up text/email reminders and renew through the fast, convenient, and user friendly mobile App.
Please Read before proceeding to the Online Renewal Portal:
- You must have your renewal notice in order to use the online renewal system. The renewal notice will be required so that you have your "ONLINE PIN" to type in to the Online Pin field on the renewal form.
- Renewal notices with all zeros for the Online Pin indicate that the State of Alabama has not issued a value for that vehicle or boat. You must appear in person at the Baldwin County Probate Office to renew.
- Upon completion of your renewal, you will receive a confirmation number and a printed receipt. Please record the confirmation number, print and retain the receipt until you receive your actual tag or sticker.
- Payment by credit card usually occurs within three business days, while electronic checks usually occur within five days.
- The online tag renewal system will renew only the tags or decals that are due for renewal during the current month.
- If the address shown on your renewal notice is not the same as your current address, you will need to contact the Probate Office at 251.937.0260 before you can renew online.
- If you have any difficulty you may contact IMS Enterprises at 251.272.3882 for telephone assistance or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Renewal requires your browser to be capable of reading 256 bit encryption over TLS 1.1 or greater. Current versions of all major browsers are supported: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer (version 11 or higher running on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10).