Required Items to Obtain a Baldwin County Building Permit
- Property tax map and parcel # (get off old tax bill or at Tax Assessor's Office at any county courthouse)
- 911 address (call 947-5911 with your tax map and parcel number and information on location of driveway and structure to be permitted. Address is issued according to this information.)
- Original Health Department Release on septic tank or original sewer release if connected to a sewer system. (Health Department 947-3618)
- Two (2) complete sets of blueprints (Must be stamped and signed by an architect or engineer registered in the State of Alabama for foundation and building. If over 2500 SF total area the Electric, Plumbing, and HVAC must also be engineer certified to be permitted.)
- Plot plan (includes footprint of proposed structure, setbacks from property lines, distance from any other buildings on property, etc.)
- APPROVED Land-Use If in a county zoned district *Erosion Control Plan, when in Zoned Area*
- Access (Culvert) Permit confirmation that culvert is existing, applied for, not required or not county maintained. (county highway department 972-8530 for Foley area or 972-8509 for Fairhope, Loxley, Robertsdale, Daphne areas or 937-6660 for Bay Minette, Spanish Fort, Stapleton, Stockton areas.) ***NOTE*** IF ON STATE HIGHWAY, NEED STATE PERMIT FOR DRIVEWAY ACCESS. (989-6360)
- USE OF BUILDING AND IF ANYTHING IS STORED, WHAT IT IS.
***** PROPERTY IN AN FLOOD ZONE (A-ZONE OR V-ZONE)*****
ALL OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS PLUS THE FOLLOWING:
(A) TBM (TEMPORARY BENCHMARK)
(B) FOR V ZONES A "V-ZONE CERTIFICATE"
(C) PRIOR TO FINAL INSPECTION A "FINISHED CONSTRUCTION" ELEVATION CERTIFICATE.
(D) BLUEPRINTS MUST BE ENGINEER STAMPED AND SEALED FOR STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS AND APPLICABLE WIND LOADS.
FOR PROPERTY IN A FLOODWAY, WILL ALSO NEED A "NO-RISE" CERTIFICATE
**SURVEYORS MUST BE REGISTERED IN STATE OF ALABAMA **
ANY OTHER INFORMATION THIS DEPARTMENT DEEMS NECCESSARY