Baldwin County

Citizen Serve Portal

Instructional How-To Videos: 
Register for the Portal as a Property Owner <<<<
>>>> Register for the Portal as a Contractor <<<<
>>>> How to Submit a Permit Application in the Portal <<<<

The portal is presented by the Baldwin County 
Planning and Zoning Department and Building Department.

In this Citizenserve Portal, you may submit Zoning Verification Requests, apply for Land Use Certificates, Land Disturbance Certificates, Building Permits, Accessory Structure Permits, Re-Roofing Permits, Mobile/Modular Home Permits, Trade Permits (such as Electrical, Mechanical/HVAC, and Plumbing), and many more. 

You may also upload construction plans and required documents, check application review status, pay fees, schedule inspections, and much more. The portal is compatible with most tech devices - phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers. You can log in anytime and anywhere - from your office, home, or even from the jobsite. The portal is most compatible with the Google Chrome Internet browser. 

Registration is Required
Registration is required before using the portal for the first time. When you visit the portal for the first time, click on "My Account". Then, under the section titled "New to our Portal?", click on the link that says "Register Now" to get started. 

Who Can Register for the Portal?
Property Owners, Agents Authorized by Property Owners, Realtors, Design Professionals (such as architects and engineers), and Contractors may register for the portal. Anyone who registers will be required to upload a PDF copy or photo of their state issued photo ID (such as a drivers license) or a notarized signature.

For contractors registering for the portal:

  • If your company employs a licensed contractor (for example: General Contractor, Home Builder, Residential Roofer, Master Electrician, Mechanical/HVAC, Master Plumber, etc.), the person licensed with the contractor board and listed on the contractor card should be the person who provides their documents and signs the application during the one-time registration process. Be prepared to upload a PDF copy or a photo of your contractor's license(s).
  • If your company does not have a contractor license (for example: handyman, sign installer, etc.), then the company owner should be the person who provides their documents and signs the application during the one-time registration process.
  • After registration is complete, the licensed contractor or the company owner may then share their username and password with any trusted staff members who will need access to the portal on their behalf.
  • All contractors (licensed or unlicensed) are required to upload a PDF copy or photo of their State of Alabama business license that has been issued by any county in the state. The company name and/or individual's name listed in the registration should match the name on the contractor license and on the business license. If you do not have a copy of your business license or you need to obtain a license, you may contact the Baldwin County Probate Office at Bay Minette 251.937.0260, Fairhope 251.990.4645, Foley 251.972.6845, or Robertsdale 251.970.4098 or visit their website at for more details.

Baldwin County Seal White

  Contact Baldwin County Citizen Service Center
251.937.9561 •251.928.3002 •251.943.5061
Email Citizen Services
Holidays and Operating Hours
Email Webmaster for Web Inquiry