Baldwin County offers online renewal of your vehicle tag or boat registration at your home or business.
We accept Discover, MasterCard, Visa, and Debit Cards. The fee for using this service is 3%, with a minimum fee of $3.50. The processing charge is not paid to Baldwin County but to Ingenuity, Inc. an Alabama company.
The county also charges a $1.00 mailing fee for each decal and $2.00 mailing fee for each metal tag.
Please Read before proceeding to the Online Renewal Portal:
- You will need the PIN from your renewal notice or the driver license number associated with the vehicle registration in order to renew online.
- Renewal notices with all zeros for the Online Pin indicate that the State of Alabama has not issued a value for that vehicle or boat. You will need to call or come into the office for assistance.
- Upon completion of your renewal, you will receive a confirmation number and a printed receipt. Please record the confirmation number, print and retain the receipt until you receive your actual tag or sticker.
- The online system will renew only the tags that are due for renewal during the current month or that are past due. You cannot renew your tag in advance.
- If the address shown on your renewal notice is not the same as your current address, you will need to contact the Probate Office at 251.937.0260 before you can renew online.
Renew Online Now