Above: Rotating Photos from Archive Department
The Baldwin County Archives are housed in the Tolbert M. Brantley Building named in honor of former County Attorney and long-time Bay Minette lawyer whose dedication to the establishment of a dedicated archives facility led to the present Department of Archives and History.
The Baldwin County Department of Archives and History has been established:
- To collect, organize, describe, preserve, and make available Baldwin County, Alabama government records of permanent administrative, legal, fiscal, and historical value.
- To collect, organize, describe, preserve, and make available records of historical significance in the founding and continuing history of Baldwin County, Alabama including, but not limited to manuscripts, correspondence, photos, books, and personal memorabilia.
- To provide facilities for the retention, preservation, servicing, and research use of such records.
- To serve in a public relations capacity by promoting knowledge and understanding of the origins and continuing history of Baldwin County, Alabama, its government and residents.
- To facilitate the efficient management of the recorded information produced by the Baldwin County government offices.