​Bicentennial Park Historic Montpelier Methodist Church

Montpelier Methodist ChurchThe Historic Montpelier Methodist Church, built in 1895, is a historic landmark for Baldwin County. The Church was  previously located in the Blacksher Community and previously owned by the Thomas John Earle family who graciously donated the church to the Park.

The Church once served as the home of the annual district meetings of the local Methodist churches which were held each Fall. While an active church, the congregation was led by a visiting Methodist minister from Stockton, AL who traveled by horseback to Blacksher to conduct services every other Sunday.

The Church is an exquisite example of 19th century period architecture and still includes its original pews, pulpit, chandeliers and stained glass windows.

ChandelierChurch PewsChurch Pulpit