Baldwin County

The Baldwin County Probate office would like to welcome you to Baldwin County!  We are proud of our county's rich heritage and scenic beauty, and we are glad that you have chosen Baldwin County as your new home.

Our office would like to assist you in registering your vehicle in Baldwin County.  We've outlined some of the basic requirements below.  This also gives you a list of the materials you will need to provide.

Please Note: When you register a vehicle with an out-of-state registration, you must bring the vehicle to be inspected in order to verify that the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the vehicle matches the title or registration documents. Under Alabama Section Code: 40-12-262(a) a person moving into Alabama from a different state has 30 calendar days to register their vehicle in Alabama.

If you are a new resident, you can register your vehicles in Alabama prior to obtaining an Alabama Driver's License as long as your out of state driver's license is valid. To view other forms of acceptable ID please click here  

Title Application Fee:  $18.00

Transferring a Vehicle from Out of State

New Residents - Transferring a Vehicle From Another County in Alabama

If moving from another county, action is only required once your tag is due to be renewed. During your renewal month, please come into one of the local offices with either your tag receipt or renewal notice from the former county, along with driver license or state issued ID (for each owner) and proof of Alabama insurance.  To view other forms of acceptable ID please click here. (Administrative Rule 810-5-8-.09)

Be prepared to provide your new Baldwin County address.

*If there are two names on your registration, separated by the word "and" both parties must be present or a power of attorney will be required for the party that isn't in the office. 
*If one person is listed on the registration but that person cannot come in, a power of attorney will be required.

This can be done in any of our 4 offices - Bay Minette, Fairhope, Robertsdale, or Foley. 


Baldwin County Seal White

  Contact Baldwin County Citizen Service Center
251.937.9561 • 251.928.3002 • 251.943.5061
Email Citizen Services
Baldwin County Commission Facility Closures
Email Webmaster for Web Inquiry

2020 Baldwin County Commission, Alabama. All rights reserved.
Powered by BCC CIS